Kensington’s Town Hall was originally constructed in 1927 as an Armory for the Cannon Company of the Maryland National Guard’s 115th Infantry. Additionally, it operated as the Town’s fire department up until 1947.
Today, the building operates as the Town Hall for the Town of Kensington and includes space for Montgomery Municipal Cable Television. The Town Hall has three floors that includes many spaces available for public use. If you are interested in reserving use of one of the public spaces within the Town Hall, please contact the Town Office by calling (301) 949-2424.
Town Hall Information:
- 3710 Mitchell Street, Kensington, MD 20895
Hours of Operation:
- 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
- 1st Floor Conference Room
- Montgomery Municipal Cable Television (MMC-TV)
- Kensington Historical Society
- 1st Floor Classroom
- Council Meeting Room
- Map Room
- Drill Hall
- Town Offices