Sunday, May 28 • Noon-5pm – Toasting the Met at BabyCat Brewery
A party for all ages! There will be live music by local DC artist Josh Cantwell, as well as food trucks, a trivia quiz, children’s activities, a caboose photo op, and a Kensington history display. BabyCat is brewing a special beer just for the day and will give one free beer to new members who join KHS in May or at the event!
Other activities for the afternoon include a Scavenger Hunt by Kensington retailers, the Train StoryWalk® at the adjacent Clum-Kennedy Park, a mural and a statue walk around town, a plein air Paint-Out by MAA artists, and a talk and art show at Adah Rose Gallery.
For additional events to celebrate the 150th Anniversary of the Metropolitan Branch of the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad, visit Kensingtonhistory.org/khs-150th-anniversary-celebration-of-the-met
- Now through June 15 – Train StoryWalk® at Clum-Kennedy Park
- Tuesday, May 23 • 7:30pm – Speaker Event with Susan Soderberg of the Germantown Historical Society. From Corn to Commuters; a History of the Met
- Sunday, May 28 • Noon-5pm – Toasting the Met at BabyCat Brewery
Live Music • Live Music • Trivia • Games • Food Truck
- Monday, May 29 • 11am-4:30pm – Excursion Train & Kensington Train Station Party
Travel along the Metropolitan Branch! Tickets: MontgomeryPreservation.org
- Sunday, May 28 & Monday, May 29 – K-Town Art:Paint-Out and Gallery Exhibits
- Ongoing – Scavenger Hunt through Town
Read about the 150th Anniversary at MontgomeryPreservation.org.