The Town will begin contracting with Ecology Services Refuse & Recycling for collection services in January 2019. Please review the following information for schedules and guidelines for disposal of trash, brush, and recycling.
The placement of trash, brush, and recycling materials shall not occur prior to 4:00 pm the day before the scheduled collection, and all receptacles must be removed by 12:00 midnight following the collection.
- Collection occurs twice weekly on Tuesday and Friday. Please have your receptacle curbside by 7:00 am the morning of collection.
- Bulk items are classified as those that do not fit within a standard trash can or any metal items. If you have a bulk item, please contact the Town staff by 12:00 noon on the Monday before the item is to be picked-up. Bulk collections are only scheduled on Tuesdays.
- We do not collect construction or landscaping material and commercial contractors are required to remove their own debris/materials.
- Collection occurs on Mondays only. All grass clippings, yard trim, and tree debris must fit within a standard yard-waste bag, or into a separate container that is clearly marked for yard trim. Please do not use trash bags or mix yard waste with trash.The total weight of the bag or container must not exceed 45 pounds.
- Dirt/Soil, Rocks, or Turf will not be accepted under any circumstances!
- Rootballs and tree stumps need to be taken directly to the County Transfer Station located at 16105 Frederick Road, Derwood, MD 20855.
- Branches must be bundled and may not exceed 30 inches in diameter. Each branch should not be larger than four (4) feet in length, and four (4) inches in diameter. Each bundle must be less than 45 pounds.
- Collected on Tuesdays only. Each single-family and town home received a large, wheel-based, blue container for recycling in January 2011. The recycling (blue) bin is intended for recyclables only. Please use a separate container for trash and brush.
- The Town collects recyclables through a single-stream method, meaning that all recyclable materials may be placed within the recycling bin.
- We follow the County’s recycling guidelines as to what is acceptable at the recycling facility. For a thorough and up-to-date list of how to dispose/recycle a specific item, please visit the County’s How to Recycle/Dispose Page.
- Please view our Recycling Basics fact sheet for more information.