Town Council Summary from the April 8, 2013 Town Meeting:
- Approved Town Meeting Minutes from March 25, 2013.
- Approved sending a letter in support of an easement for 10516 Metropolitan Avenue.
- Bryan Kay from Classic Homes of Maryland reviewed plans for a new house at 3607 Farragut Avenue. Town setbacks and driveway requirements were noted.
- A Public Hearing was held on Fiscal Year 2014 Budget (Ordinance O-01-2013) and the record was held open until the close of business on April 19th.
Council Summary from the March 25, 2013 Town Meeting:
- Approved Town Meeting Minutes, as corrected, from March 11, 2013.
- Approved Resolution No. R-05-2013, establishing the Development Review Board. This Board will review proposals for development/redevelopment within the Town with respect to compliance with the Kensington and Vicinity Sector Plan.
- Council discussed the ongoing contract negotiations between Montgomery County and Comcast.
- Council determined to enter into a closed session to discuss a legal matter with Town Attorney, Suellen Ferguson.
Town Council Summary from the February 11, 2013 Town Meeting:
- Approved Town Meeting Minutes from January 14, 2013.
- Approved Resolution R-03-2013 confirming appointments of Spencer Harrill, Jenny Smith, and Robin Watson to the Board of Supervisors of Elections.
- Approved Resolution R-04-2013 confirming appointments of David Beaudet and David Weeda to the Ethics Commission for two years (Jack Gaffeyâ€™s term continues until 2014).
- David Weeda was sworn in to the Ethics Commission.
- Concurred to continue support for the Day of the Book Festival on April 21st and contribute $1,000.