Public Right-of-Way Construction Permit Application
Please ensure that you submit a complete application, as incomplete applications will not be reviewed. If you have any questions about the permitting process, please contact the Town Office.
- Application Fee and Performance Bond.
- Full set of construction drawings.
- Tree Protection Plan, if necessary (Guards or Barriers five (5) feet from the drip line of all trees located within the public right-of-way must be provided).
- Signs advertising the contractor/project in residential areas may not exceed a total of ten (10) square feet in area and must be placed at least five (5) feet behind the property line. Signs may not be placed within the public right-of-way or illuminated.
- As a requirement for and condition of the above referenced permit, (the Permit”), PERMITTEE, hereby binds itself and its successors and assigns, to the Mayor and Council of the Town of Kensington, Maryland (the “Town”) in the amount of: $_____________, by depositing said amount (“the Security”) with the Town of Kensington, subject to the conditions stated below.
- The condition of this Cash Bond is that if Permittee shall fully perform the following requirements in a manner satisfactory to the Town, then this Security shall be discharged, but otherwise it shall remain in full force and effect:
- 1. Complete within the prescribed time limits all work required under the terms and conditions of the Permit.
- 2. Provide and maintain the Security in full force and effect until all work required by the Permit is completed and accepted by the Town.
- 3. Indemnify and save harmless the Town from all expenses, damages, claims and actions arising from or relating to the performance or nonperformance of the work required of the Permittee, its agents, employees or subcontractors under the Permit and applicable laws and regulations.
- The Town shall retain the Security for up to the full amount thereof until Permittee promptly completes, and has accepted by the Town, all required under the Permit, or, when applicable, posts substitute security. If Permittee fails to satisfy any of the conditions of this Bond the Town has the option, but in no way is required to utilize the Security to complete the work covered by the Permit. Upon the satisfactory completion of the work as required, the Town shall return the Security or its proceeds less the amount of any claims, damages, or costs incurred by the Town in connection with this Bond.